Stay up to date about your favorite Christian artists
"Red Letters" garners over 250,000 views during first week
3X Grammy-nominated artist Crowder, has recently released his highly-anticipated third solo album, I Know A Ghost (sixstepsrecords/Capitol Christian Music Group). The record is an evolution and sonic progression, which blurs genre lines and combines gospel, bluegrass, country, electronic-synth and Southern hip-hop. Crowder draws from the people, culture, diversity and places that surround him, tapping into the influences of his East Texas roots and the synergy of his home base in Atlanta. The already widely embraced new single, “Red Letters,” is currently Top 10 on Billboard’s Digital Song Sales chart, and Top 25-and-climbing on Billboard’s Christian Airplay chart. Featured by Relevant, BREATHECast and others, the music video for “Red Letters” has already garnered 250,000+ views in the first week. I Know A Ghost is available at digital retailers everywhere today by clicking here.
A narrative that Crowder began in his first two solo albums flows right into this third release. Crowder explains, “I Know A Ghost is the after party. In the story of the prodigal son, the wayward son eventually comes home. When he does, the Father throws his son a lavish party. Of course, there are songs bumping at the party and this is what that moment sounds like to me. Holy Ghost music! And we all know Holy Ghost music is best served with a side of swamp pop.”
Delivering 16 tracks across the album (15 of which Crowder wrote or co-wrote), the multi-instrumentalist and songwriter continues to stretch musical boundaries. Relevant said, “...the artist is channeling his Southern roots as usual, but bringing forth a lot of electronic production and hip-hop sound for something that not only blends genre, but venue and atmosphere…” Listeners will hear Latin influences in the song “La Luz (feat. Social Club Misfits),” and Crowder’s love for Appalachian instrumental textures are displayed in porch-playin,’ beat-stomping songs "Child Of God" and "Happy Day.” He draws the listener in with the upbeat, gospel-infused melody and affecting lyrics of “Let It Rain (Is There Anybody)” [feat. Mandisa],” and “Crushing Snakes (feat. TAYA)” is a stirring anthem with ethereal vocals filled with defiant faith.
Crowder will wrap up the nationwide 28-city Big Church Night Out Tour on November 18th, then look forward to his upcoming performance at the Grand Ole Opry on Friday, Nov. 30th. Kicking off in Spring 2019, he will join MercyMe on their “Imagine Nation Tour.” For a full list of tour dates and more information, visit http://www.crowdermusic.com/.
I Know A Ghost Track Listing
1) I Know A Ghost - David Crowder, Tommee Profitt
2) Wildfire - David Crowder, Solomon Olds, Rebecca Olds
3) Golgotha Hill (King Of Love) - David Crowder, Ed Cash, Tommee Profitt
4) Crushing Snakes (feat. TAYA) - David Crowder, Ed Cash, Martin Cash, Cole Dye
5) Red Letters - David Crowder, Ed Cash
6) Let It Rain (Is There Anybody) (feat. Mandisa) - David Crowder, Ed Cash
7) Everyday I’m Blessed - David Crowder, Solomon Olds
8) I’m Leaning On You (feat. Riley Clemmons) - David Crowder, Hank Bentley, Brenton Brown, Chris McClarney
9) No Rival (feat. JR) - David Crowder, Hank Bentley, JR Collins, Chad Mattson, Jonathan Lowry, Tommee Profitt
10) Child Of God - David Crowder, Solomon Olds, Ed Cash
11) Happy Day - David Crowder, Ed Cash, Solomon Olds
12) Night Like This - David Crowder
13) La Luz (feat. Social Club Misfits) - David Crowder, Ed Cash, Brendon Coe, Martin Santiago, Fernando Miranda
14) The Sinner’s Cure - David Crowder, Tommee Profitt
15) Hundred Miles - Judah Akers, Brian MacDonald, Nathan Zuercher
16) Ghost - David Crowder, Ed Cash
Source: ATR News Team / RG